Sunday, April 26, 2009

Depotting L.A COLORS Shimmering Loose Eyeshadow

I went to wal-mart today and I went to the craft section and saw a bead storing container[$6.96] and I thought hmmmmm could put my L.A Colors Loose Eyeshadow there..all i gotta do is open those stupid jars so i bought the storage containers and I got home and watched a video on youtube by MissSpero89 and I thought I can do that so I got my hammer and started doing what she was doing but I was making way too much noise and my hubby was trying to sleep so I just got a kitchen knife and just dug into the bottom lid..moving back and forth and snapped it open..it was way easier by doing this...the lids aren't that hard to snap off..it took me about 15 minutes to depot 12 of them...so this is what I did!!!
BTW this is also and awesome vid on deppoting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy-7nVn2pF0
pic from L.A Colors website
So I bought most of my loose e/s at Dollar tree and some at a dollar store down the street [at dollar tree they were $1 and at the other store they were about $1.50] and I havent used them in the longest time cuz it was too hard to get the product out by the way that they are packaged

So this is the bead containers that I bought..it comes with a total of 24 jars [$6.96] :D

this is how the bottom looks like

I got my jar ready with the label from the L.A colors jar..the labels are super easy to take off

this was my tool


I snapped the bottom lid off and just placed the new container on top of the L.A colors jar flipped it and just let the e/s drop by shaking it a little

it's all empty now...look at the horrible packaging..so frustrating

It's now more convenient and ready to use :D



I depotted a total of 12 e/s I had

Finished Product!!!


This is how it looks from the bottom..some of the label names were black and some were clear..it looks so pretty, I cant wait to start using my loose e/s again...so be ready to see some Eotd's using these pretty babies :D...
I hope this helped!!!
THANX FOR READING!!

19 comments:

Ling said...

Good deal on the jars! I do not have a Wal-mart near me though.. and one store I did go to did not have them in stock.. my search continues! But lovely colors you have there :)

Ling said...

No, there are none in New york city.. and I have no car to drive to the closest one :\

KRYSTAL said...

OMG, this is such a good idea! thanksss for this blog! omg, i hardly even used mine cuz it REALLY IS HARD to take all that product out! i hated it! but i loved that its cheap and the product is really vibrant!

GirlAboutTown said...

wow that looks so cool...LOL i love all the colors you have ;D

Lyn said...

wow that came out real good!

LipStick Staiin said...

oh good idea! i dont have any loose powders tho.. i find them soo messy.. but i would love to press them! lol

-jeSMakeup

Chrissy said...

Wow, this is genius!! I know a couple of local brands who have loose e/s in crappy packaging just like that, and it always discouraged me from buying (the quality did too, but now I have a base so I'm pretty sure it'd be better now), because it's so hard to get to and the applicator SUCKS!! Thanks for the idea, I'm going to do get those things and do this now!!

Lulu said...

That looks so neat! I've never tried an LA colors loose shadow. They look so colorful together depotted :)

Shizznizzle said...

Oh how neat!!!! How are those L.A Colors loose e/s pigmentation?

♥ Nehs ♥ said...

genius! :)

thanks sofee hunnie for the comment! mwah..

Rai said...

I meant to buy that jar container from Wal-Mart, but I was being a cheap-o. lol

I think it's better to buy that because it's 24 jars for 7 bucks!!
I love my LA Colors pigments. =D

Tammy said...

This is a great idea! I think I need to do this with my LA colors.

Lady Lostris said...

I have that container thing too! I put my NYX pigments & some mineral foundation mixes in it. Love it =)

Janel said...

i love the containers!

noone said...

Neat idea!! When all my shimmering eye shadow from e.l.f comes in I'm going to have to try this out too ;)

Vanessa M. said...

good idea!

Sofia said...

to all the wonderful girls who commented: THanx lovelies!!! I really appreciated!!!

Sofia said...

I meant appreciate it!!

Melissa Joy said...

nice project! Your loose eyeshadows look more organized now. It's weird that the original containers are like that.

SBD Disclaimer

All thoughts and/or opinions expressed in this blog are from my own personal experience, take this in mind when reading my posts.

* All Products are bought with my own money unless stated otherwise in posts.

* Please do no redistribute my pictures or thoughts without my permission...email me first.