Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Review: NYX Eyeshadow Base**EDIT**




Hey ladies Im here to give you a quick review on the new base I recently got from NYX, I've had this for about 2 weeks now and I think Ive used it enough to be able to do a good review on it..so just to let you know these are just my thoughts and opinions based on my experience with this product; it may work better or worst for you :D


The one I have is in skintone






Price:$6
Where to buy: NYX Cosmetics, Cherryculture, Nonpareilboutique.com, and any other places NYX is sold

Pros:
  • Only $6
  • alot of product [7g] for the price..contains more than a MAC PP[5g]
  • comes in a jar as opposed to UDPP or loreal decrease
  • can be easly applied with fingers or a brush 
  • make eyeshadows pop
  • blends into your skin very smoothly
  • a little goes along way  
  • can be used as a concealer, base, primer
Cons
  • looks & smells just like the "NYX concealer in a jar" [almost the exact same ingredients]
  • costs more than the concealer in a jar which is the exact same thing
  • only comes in 3 shades [white;same as NYX's JEP in milk, pearl, and skintone]
  • definitely not 100% crease proof, Ive never wear my makeup for more than 6 hrs, it started creasing a little by the sixth hr
*Ingredient Comparison with concealer
Eyeshadow base ingredients: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, Silica (and) Methicone, BHT, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/ HexarosinateRicinus Communic (Castor) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Polyethylene, Fragrance, Butylparaben, Nylon-66, Ceresin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polyethylene, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Concealer ingredients: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mineral Oil, BHT, Microcrystalline Wax, Nylon-66, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Silica, Butylparaden, Fragrance, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Ceresin, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/ Hexarosinate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sequioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ultramarines. -- Cruelty Free / No Animal Testing


see it looks exactly like a concealer


blends very nicely


Example: I swatched an elf e/s, as u can see it really make the e/s more vibrant


[compared to other primers]

Final Verdict:
 I don't think I will be repurchasing this base again...if I do decide to try this again I'd rather just buy a concealer..lol!! I do like the price and the fact that it does the job but seriously why buy this when its just a concealer!! It doesnt do anything special that any other concealer wouldnt do if  used as a primer, I do love the packaging, the fact that you can use all the product without struggling, so there you have it..my quick review...
if you have anymore questions let me know :D
♥Thanx for Reading♥

7 comments:

ndoodles said...

Ooh, I've been interested in this item for awhile but I don't think the reviews are very good ;( Oh well.

Rai said...

LOL! I was interested in white.

Milk Jumbo Eye Pencil is a lot cheaper though.
I hope Cherry Culture offers free shipping soon so I can haul tons of NYX goodies!!

Unknown said...

it sounds like a weird product. I agree with you, might as well buy the concealer which you can also use as a base for your eyeshadow.

Thanks for an awesome review Sofee!

lindah said...

LOL! Why does it look like the concealer in a jar? o_O That's stupid of nyx! They're trying to ruin their credibility haha xD You should've done a swatch on UDPP or something to see how it compares to the nyx and to the no base :) Oh well, great review though! I probably won't be buying this even if I wasn't overloaded with bases ^_^

Fifi said...

Well that sucks. I thought the e/s base would be great. I agree with you, if it's not very distinctive compared to the concealer, why buy this? I still want to try the pearl one though.

Chennel said...

Thank you so much for following my blog... urs in great. im following urs too : )

noone said...

hmm. Interesting. 6 hours is... not bad I suppose? I haven't found a good eyeshadow base that doesn't crease after 4 hours. Actually currently I'm using red earth and it's actually pretty good. But ones I've used before ie MAC and sephora brand suckssss I find!

SBD Disclaimer

All thoughts and/or opinions expressed in this blog are from my own personal experience, take this in mind when reading my posts.

* All Products are bought with my own money unless stated otherwise in posts.

* Please do no redistribute my pictures or thoughts without my permission...email me first.